Towns We Serve
Essex CT Locksmith - Rackliffe Lock & Safe
Rackliffe Lock & Safe, your trusted local locksmith, provides onsite locksmith services in Essex CT. Rackliffe Lock & Safe, founded by a 5th generation locksmith Russ Rackliffe provides North Essex CT locksmith services to businesses and homes solving a complete range of lock security and safe problem's.
- Use our Homeowner Locksmith Services for re-keying locks, updating hardware, and securing you home.
- Our Commercial Locksmith Services include high security locks, glass door locks and repair, key-keying and master keys, and complete door servicing and repair.
- Our mobile Auto Locksmith Services have been added to help auto owners with lost keys, lockouts, keyfob replacement, transponder key programming. We can also make new key fobs, chip keys and transponder keys and remotes.
- Homeowners and businesses in Essex who need of help with any safe problem can trust Essex CT Locksmith Rackliffe Lock and Safe. As Safe Experts we open and repair all types of safes.
Essex Businesses and Residents call 860-388-1810.
- Safe Opening
- Safe lock repair and/or replacement
- Upgrades from mechanical to electronic safe locks
- Onsite welding and fabrication
- Combination Changes
- Handle and boltwork repair
- Safe Delivery and Installation
- Onsite Relocation
- Removal and Disposal
- Balancing and setup
- Car Key Replacement
- Duplicate Car Keys
- Lost Keys
- Key Fob Replacement
- Transponder Key Duplication
- Laser and Sidewinder Key Cut
- Remote Head Keys Made
- We Sell and Program Car Remotes
Unlocking a Bit of History, Some Facts, and Few Favorite Things about Essex
- Essex consists of three villages and is located on the Connecticut River a few miles from Long Island Sound. Essex Village, Centerbrook, and Ivoryton. The area is well-known for its beautiful landscapes and and gardens, architecture, and historical homes.
- The Essex Steam Train is the town’s best-known excursion, the iconic Steam Train & Riverboat ride, operates from May through October. It’s the only Steam Train & Riverboat connection in the country with two operating steam locomotives, and multiple classes of passenger service.
- The Ivoryton Playhouse is located in Ivoryton, a beautiful section of historic Essex. The Playhouse has been an important part of Connecticut’s cultural landscape for over 100 years. It was one of America’s leading summer showplaces.
- Main street in Essex consists of restaurants, art galleries, antique businesses, great shops and boutiques and a beautiful harbor .
- Essex is famous for hosting many parades, such as Groundhog Day and Burning of the Ships Parade (commemorating the 1814 British raid that left 29 ships burning in the town harbor)
- The Griswold Inn is one of the oldest continuously operated inns in the country, opening in 1776. Famous for their Sunday Brunch, the Inn has 33 charming rooms furnished with antiques, historic dining rooms and Tap Room.
- Connecticut River Museum located at the end of Main St. is dedicated to preserving the history of the Connecticut River and its people.
As a 5th generation locksmith, Russ Rackliffe founded Rackliffe Lock & Safe in 1974. We are dedicated to provide you with the best and most complete locksmith services to meet all of your security needs. We adhere to the strict standards set by our founder. No answering services, no sub-contractors, you'll be dealing with us.
All Connecticut Shoreline
Guilford & Branford